1. What is GMO
– GMO refers to genetically modified organisms. These are living organisms or plants whose genes have been edited in a laboratory through genetic engineering. GM seeds provide a higher yeild that withstands pesticides & environmental factors. It is generally more durable. Also, the cost of farming is reduced considerably & yeild is much higher with the use of GM seeds. However, as they have not been germinated naturally (in nature), GM seeds lack nutrition as compared from crop grown with seeds that have germinated in nature. Also, they require a much higher amount of pesticide as herbal pesticides don’t work on them. So you can see that genetic modification has a drastic environmental impact as well as poses a threat to human health.
2. Why should we avoid chemical preservatives in food?
– Chemical preservatives are added to food products to increase their shelf life & prevent spoilage. They are preferred by manufacturers as their cost is very low as compared to natural preservatives (salt, vinegar, sugar, citrus juice).
Here are a few reasons why you should avoid preservatives in your food products:
1. They’re known to trigger respiratory disorders such as asthma, bronchitis etc. in adults & children.
2. They can cause hyperactivity in children.
3. They can weaken the heart tissue, thus they can be dangerous for the elderly.
4. Preservatives in processed foods are known to cause obesity as they contain fatty acids.
5. BHT/BHA (Butylated Hydroxytoluene & Butylated Hydroxyanisole commonly used in cosmetics & food products have been deemed to cause cancer. Read labels of food products, especially processed foods such as chips, breakfast cereal, sauces, syrups, jams, chewing gum, etc., carefully and check for Butylated Hydroxytoluene (BHT), Butylated Hydroxyanisole (BHA), sodium benzoate and sorbic acid (also known as potassium sorbate or calcium sorbate).
3. Are Netra’s products healthy?
– Most instant food products are highly processed & the nutritional value of most or all of the ingredients is lost. However, in case of Netra’s, we have taken utmost care with the use of non GMO ingredients, which include pulses, grains, condiments & spices. In addition, we have avoided the addition of chemical preservatives. What’s more, as the ingredients are of high quality & there are no GMOs. The advantages of using high quality ingredients include the retention of their original flavor, high nutritional value & safe for consumption by all age groups. So yes, Netra’s products are definitely healthy despite being instant. The taste is also authentic Maharashtrian, just like your mom’s cooking.
4. How long does it take to prepare a single dish with netra’s?
– All you have to do is add water in the quantities specified on the packets of every product. Hence, it should take you not more than 10 minutes to prepare a product that would otherwise take a lot of prep time, including shopping for a wide variety of ingredients.
5. How long will it take for my order to be delivered?
– After receiving order confirmation from us via email, it will take anywhere between 7-10 days for your order to reach you.
6. What payment modes do you accept?
– We accept all major credit & debit cards, online payments, UPI and cash on delivery. In case you wish to pay via UPI, you can contact our team on +917887880746 , and we shall send you the code for scan & pay.
7. What if I want to cancel my order?
– Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org about the details and reason for cancellation, and we shall consider it on a case-to-case basis.
8. What if I receive a defective or expired product?
– Get in touch with our team immediately on +917887880746, and send us a picture of the damaged product. In case of an issue with the expiry date, send us a picture of the label indicating the same. The team will decide whether to arrange for a replacement or offer you a refund, as this decision may vary from case to case.
9. Do you ship all over India? Is cash on delivery (COD) available all over India? – Yes, we ship all over India. The availability of COD depends upon your location, which you may have to check on our courier partner’s website here. Or, you can call our whatsapp number +917887880746 for more details regarding this.